HEADLINES

MACC closes Xavier Jayakumar case after finding insufficient evidence to charge him

A five-year-old investigation involving former minister Datuk Dr Xavier Jayakumar has been brought to a close after the MACC found insufficient evidence to charge him

3:29 PM MYT

 

KUALA LUMPUR – The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has concluded its investigation into a case involving former minister Datuk Dr Xavier Jayakumar, with the case classified as “Kemas Untuk Simpan” (KUS) in 2024 due to insufficient evidence to charge him.

MACC, in a statement, said the investigation, which began in 2021, involved two investigation papers opened under Section 16(a)(A) of the MACC Act 2009.

The anti-graft agency said the decision to close the case followed a thorough review of the information and evidence gathered during the investigation.

“Following investigations and a review of the relevant facts, documents and evidence, the Deputy Public Prosecutor decided in 2024 to classify the case as Kemas Untuk Simpan (KUS) because there was insufficient evidence to charge Datuk Dr Xavier,” MACC said.

MACC added that the duration of an investigation depended on the complexity of the case, as well as the need to obtain, examine and verify relevant information and evidence.

The agency stressed that all investigations were conducted professionally and transparently, based on facts and evidence and without influence from any party.

“We urge all parties not to make any speculation or assumptions regarding the matter, as the investigation has been completed,” it said.

MACC said the case had been subject to a comprehensive investigation and review before the Deputy Public Prosecutor made the decision in 2024. – August 19, 2026

Topics

 

Popular

Petronas staff to be shown the door to make up losses from Petros deal?

Source claims national O&G firm is expected to see 30% revenue loss once agreed formula for natural gas distribution in Sarawak is implemented

Duck and cover? FashionValet bought Vivy’s 30 Maple for RM95 mil in 2018

Purchase of Duck's holding company which appears to be owned wholly by Datin Vivy Yusof and husband Datuk Fadzarudin Shah Anuar was made same year GLICs invested RM47 mil

DoSM estimates Malaysia’s population to be 34.1 mil in 2024

Three states with the highest population are Selangor, Johor, Sabah

Related