HEADLINES

Selangor may release Putra Heights gas explosion report after Merdeka Day: MB

State government awaiting final review before deciding whether to make full investigation findings public

6:24 PM MYT

 

KUALA LUMPUR — The Selangor government is expected to decide whether to release the full report on the Putra Heights gas pipeline explosion after the National Day celebrations.

Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said the state government was still waiting until the final quarter of the year before deciding on further action regarding the matter, Sinar Harian reported.

“If there is no decision, I will discuss with the legal adviser (LA) to see whether we can open it to the public, as long as it falls within our jurisdiction,” he said during a press conference after the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) exchange ceremony between SmartSel Sdn Bhd and PG LinkaranFibre Sdn Bhd, as well as the completion of the Cyberjaya fibreisation project on Monday.

The gas pipeline explosion in Putra Heights occurred on April 1 last year, causing damage and destruction to several homes and vehicles in the affected area.

The possible release of the full report has become a matter of public interest, with residents and stakeholders seeking to understand the cause of the incident and the findings of the investigation.

Amirudin said the state government had also submitted a note on the matter to the Federal Government.

He explained that the disclosure of the report must take into account the respective jurisdictions of the state government and Federal agencies involved in the incident.

“We will wait until the final quarter. If there is no decision, we will see what can be disclosed to the public within the jurisdiction of the state government, including the powers of local authorities,” he said. – August 17, 2026

Topics

 

Popular

Petronas staff to be shown the door to make up losses from Petros deal?

Source claims national O&G firm is expected to see 30% revenue loss once agreed formula for natural gas distribution in Sarawak is implemented

InDrive faces termination for flouting guidelines

It is the second Russian e-hailing app after Maxim to face ban by Land Public Transport Agency

Agong’s warning on ‘flying coffins’: A look back at Malaysia’s Skyhawk jet fiasco – A. Azim Idris

Sultan Ibrahim highlighted the costly A-4 Skyhawk deal as a lesson in scrapping the procurement of 30-year-old Black Hawk choppers, urging Malaysia to avoid past failures in defence strategies

Related